Prayer is the deepest love connection with the Father, made possible by the sacrifice of His Son. It is an awesome privilege, and our deepest connectivity with the heart of God. His Word says that if we seek Him, He will be found by us. If Jesus is to be the central focus of our lives, how do we enthrone Him there? By prayer! Worship Him, delight in Him, give Him thanks, petition Him, share your concerns and needs with Him, come before Him on behalf of others…share with Him heart to heart. Prayer is the connective tissue between our human hearts and His divine purposes! It is the place where our hearts encounter His Presence.
Scripture clearly shows multiple promises for seeking the Father wholeheartedly:
If you seek Him, You will find Him!
• “But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find Him if you look for Him with all your heart and with all your soul” (Deut. 4:29).
• “I love those who love Me, and those who seek Me find Me” (Prov. 8:17).
• “You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart” (Jer. 29:13).
• “Come near to God and He will come near to you…” (Jas. 4:8).
If you seek Him, you will rejoice!
• “But may all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; may those who love Your salvation always say, ‘The LORD be exalted’” (Psa. 40:16).
• “Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice” (1 Chron. 16:10).
If you seek Him He will never forsake you!
• “Those who know Your name will trust in You, for You, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek You” (Psa. 9:10).
If you seek Him you will lack no good thing!
• “The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing” (Psa. 34:10).
If you seek Him you will be blessed!
• “Blessed are they who keep His statutes and seek Him with all their heart” (Psa. 119:2).
He rewards those who seek Him!
• “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him” (Heb. 11:6).
• “The LORD is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him…” (Lam. 3:25).
• “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well” (Matt. 6:33).
May your heart encounter the fullness of His presence as you seek Him!
(c) Harvest Prayer MInistries
Kim serves as the Executive Director of Harvest Prayer Ministries which she co-founded in 1993 with her late husband, Dave (1953-2022). Her ministry involves teaching/training and consulting as well as writing and developing resources. She is content coordinator for HPM's teaching platform, PrayerU.com and also compiles and edits HPM’s free daily devotional, Connection! as well as Prayer Tip Tuesday.
Kim has written multiple books and has published articles in a variety of magazines and publications. She is a member of America's National Prayer Committee and serves as President of Gospel Revivals, Inc. (Herald of His Coming).
Kim has a BA in Psychology and a Masters degree in Spiritual Formation and Leadership.