This prayer guide is easily adaptable for individuals, small groups or entire churches focused on confession, repentance and the forgiveness of God:
Read 2 Chronicles 7:14 out loud: “If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
Spend some time in prayer based on this passage:
• Father, we are Your people, called by Your name, and we will humble ourselves before You! Perhaps consider kneeling or lying prostrate on the floor before God. These are two very biblical postures of humility. Spend time repenting of your lack of humility before Him individually, as a church, and as a citizen of our nation.
• Lord Jesus, we are Your people, called by Your name, and we will pray. Take some time to confess prayerlessness and times when prayer has been your “last resort” instead of your first response. Confess the prayerlessness of the church you attend if corporate prayer has not been a consistent practice for your community of believers. Focus time upon the prayerlessness of the Church in our nation and confess the sins that have happened nationally on our watch.
• Holy Spirit, we are Your people, called by Your name, and we will seek Your face. Confess times when you have sought after other things for your wisdom and counsel before the Lord, and/or when you have placed your trust in people or government or ________. The Holy Spirit was given as a gift to teach us, comfort us and to intercede for us. If you have neglected or ignored the ministry of the Spirit by not seeking the face of God, take time to experience godly sorrow in whatever form that takes for you.
• Father, Son and Holy Spirit, we are Your people called by Your name. Right now we repent of these sins we have confessed before You: lack of humility, prayerlessness, and seeking other things, idols or gods before seeking Your face. We turn from our wicked ways and ask for Your forgiveness. We mean to turn towards You now, giving You our full attention. We will walk in humility. We will give ourselves to prayer. We will seek Your face and forsake lesser things in which we have placed our dependence.
• Lord God Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth, we give You thanks for listening to our prayers…for hearing us from heaven! We thank you for the forgiveness that is now ours through Christ Jesus. And in faith, we trust in Your ability and stand upon Your promise to heal our land.
© Harvest Prayer Ministries
PRAYER, PEACE, and the PRESENCE of GOD by David Butts
As believers, we are supposed to walk in the peace of Christ, yet we all have stressful issues and circumstances that rob us of this peace. Subtitled “A 30-Day Journey to Experience the Shalom of Jesus,” Prayer, Peace and the Presence of God powerfully encourages the reader on how to hold onto that peace in any circumstance.
The author, David Butts, started writing this book and 10 days into it he got word that he was in stage 4 with a rare form of lymphoma. God allowed him to live, in a greater way, what he is challenging readers to do in Prayer, Peace and the Presence of God.
His 30-day devotional will encourage, inspire and challenge you that you, too, can experience and walk in the peace of Jesus no matter what circumstances you are walking through.
A daily devotional on prayer. Each devotional includes an inspiring and challenging message on prayer, a prayer to pray and several scripture-based prayer points. Here is a note from one of our thousands of subscribers from all over the world: “Thank you for your faithfulness in service to the Kingdom of God!! These devotionals make a difference in my life as the Holy Spirit speaks to my heart!” – Diane H.
Each week we will email you some short tips and a resource to encourage and challenge you to go deeper in prayer.
Harvest does not rent our email lists to other organizations. On rare occasions we will use our lists to inform our friends of prayer events or initiatives of national or international importance, and occasionally we will use our lists to inform our friends of a financial need in the ministry.